Hi all. Today was a nice day seeing the babies. They both are doing very well and in fact are the healthiest ones there. They have had some new 29 weekers and even a 10 and 12 pounder with minor breathing trouble. Since I love all things medical I really enjoyed being there and learning a few things about what goes on. They have a special phone line that they call the "bat phone" which rings when the NICU team needs to go to the delivery room. No one jumps too much when it rings as sometimes it is just the pizza guy calling by mistake! They make assignments ahead of time based on who has the lightest assignments for the day. We really like the day nurse of the last few days but she is now off until Tuesday. The kiddies are very cute. Adam is growing and getting 11 mls of milk every 3 hours and you can see him getting bigger. They both had their eyes open looking all around today. It is fun to see them and I miss them when I am not there. I know it will be very hard to leave and not see them. Pictures are nice but they look so much better in person. Rachel was screaming when Ryan went tonight and pulled her stomach tube out which then results in more screaming when they put it back in. She really likes her binky which helps calm her down.
We are looking forward to the shower on Saturday. It will be a wonderful change of pace from the tedium of our pumping schedule. We are hoping to squeeze in pedicures tomorrow. A little pampering is good for new moms and for Grammas, too. I am doing fine and enjoying trying to be helpful even when my efforts fall short. It will be good to get home but sad to leave as well. But I will be back before we know it. I would have a poll to see when people think the babies will come home, but the last one was such a joke as June and July were not even on the radar! I am guessing mid August. We will see. I hope you all are doing well. Love to all
3 comments:
I've been checking your blog regularly for updates and realized I haven't sent my congratulations. I'm so happy for you, Amy and Ryan!
I'm glad they are doing well. What will you do when you come home? You are going to have baby withdrawls!
Hey it's Carolina Whetton, I linked over from the Woodlands! Congrats on the babies. That is so fun and I am glad that they are doing well. We are updated in relief society weekly! We have a blog at chriswhettonfamily.com if you would like to check it out.
Post a Comment