I have been so busy bugging Amy to update her blog that I have let mine slide. I don't have fun new pictures so hers is better in that requard. On Wednesday last I went to see the babies and cried and was dropped off at the airport. I left Clyde's camera in the car which is a nightmare as it is the one I bought him to replace the one I lost (was stolen) in the airport on another trip. He is a very patient tolerant man and so I am only partly in the dog house. After I checked in I asked how full the flight was and was told it was over booked and would I like to volunteer. The next flight would get me in at 1 am but they would pay me the price of my ticket and 100 bucks. Not cash of course, but Southwest credit. This added up to a pretty price as my ticket out there was purchased with about 5 minutes notice. I sat and had a leisurly dinner in the airport and got on a less crowded flight with an empty seat next to me and have enough credit to fly twice. I am a very happy camper.
Adjusting to central time was not easy. The sleep I had been craving was not all it was cracked up to be. As sick as I was of washing bottels and pumping stuff I have missed the rythm of the days and especially helping Amy and seeing the twinsters. And I miss Ryan's sense of humor. He really cracked me up a few times. My oldest grandchild, Annette calls me 'evil Grandma' cause I have such a crazy laugh. I have mixed feelings about that but am happy to be known for laughing.
I am busy getting back into Relief Society and trying to get the baby quilts finished. The little darlings are growing so fast and all is still well. But please keep up your prayers as germs and risk of infection are always lurking. We are not out of the woods yet. I have learned to not get cocky and to keep the humility level high so that the Lord does not have to humble me by throwing a monkey wrench into things.It is good to be home and get back to normal. I have no idea what that is, by the way.
1 comment:
It's good to make a little money off the airlines, even if it's to use exclusively on Southwest. That's all you'll fly anyway, right?
Post a Comment