Great Video

Thursday, June 5, 2008

TWIN MANIA!!!


Hi friends and family. I have returned from a whirlwind tour of Las Vegas and Salt Lake. Amy and I drove the Twinmobile (their new SUV) all around town searching out baby furniture. We managed to come up with 2 cribs, 2 car seats, a double stroller, a changing table and "infant soothing center" which is the Lamborghini of baby swings. And it doesn't even swing -it sways just like a mommy does to soothe her baby. We we rolling on the floor laughing as we putting it together. It has a drawer to hold your ipod in case the 12 preprogrammed lullabies are not enough. Who knew?? Ryan and I put the changing table together (I goofed on the drawers and he had to repair them), and I washed all the baby clothes and hung all of Amy's dresses in the closet. I had saved them all these years and twin girl will have a lovely bonnet wardrobe and plenty of pink Sunday dresses. Our little Mama was really worn out but glad to have life in order in case she ends up on bed rest or premature labor. I have spoken to the babies and told them they are not allowed to arrive before August. I hope they were listening to their Gramma Jean!
We drove up to Salt Lake after touring several bathrooms on the way. Amy survived the trip and was happy once we got her dinner. Those babies insist on being fed every 2-3 hours and if there is a delay their Mama gets very tired and grouchy. Nothing a good meal won't fix. We had a joint baby shower for Katrina and Amy and everyone was most generous with gifts for both girls. My Mom gave them matching dresses for their daughters so that was fun. It was a delight to reminisce about their births and look forward to them delivering their daughters. The picture shows baby quilts that Grandma Livingston made. The pink one was tied as the grandchildren began to arrive and the blue one was embroidered and hand quilted for Clyde as a baby. Amy's Grandpa wanted her to have them for the twins to remember Grandma by. She would have been so excited. As it is, Great Grandpa Lew is excited enough for them both and then some. It is really fun to see his enthusiasm. Like Gramma Jean he is "tickled pink and blue".
As usual there were too many people to see and not enough time but we did get to have a swim/ pizza party with Livingston cousins and that was fun. We also enjoyed seeing the Kendall family and participated in the wedding. We are now back home but I am off to babysit Davis on Sunday while his Mommy goes to girls camp to be the nurse. I am only slightly terrified as I have nap time and bedtime to pull me through. Eric will be back up after school so all will be well. I plan to spend plenty of time outside exploring and pulling the wagon. We hope to visit the zoo and the playground as well. What a fun way to start summer. Then I will be home in St. Louis until the babies are born. My main goal is to arrive in time to see the twins born! I hope the timing works out. Happy summer all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you please email me your pictures? thanks!