Great Video
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Red letter day in the NICU
Today was great. Adam is doing quite well and is getting some milk, is off light therapy and has his umbilical lines out and so he is snoozing on his belly and sucking on his binky. He is on room air and is getting cuter by the day, if not fatter. His Mommy changed his diaper for the first time and took his temperature. Then she got to hold him Kangaroo style - skin to skin. He was awake and looked up into her eyes and moved his little hand around on her neck. They were both very happy and content. He fell asleep in her arms and they rocked for 30 minutes. He tolerated it well which is so satisfying as sometimes it is too stressful. Rachel is on room air now and a CPAP machine which helps her to breathe. She is on caffeine to remind her to breathe. She did hold her breath for a few seconds. I hope this is not a warning for the future! Her Daddy took her temperature and changed her diaper and did a great job. She protested but calmed with her binky. It was a delightful day and we celebrated with smoothies from the gift shop. When we got home we were all whipped and Ryan and I got a 10 minute nap before the phone and doorbell started ringing. It is shocking how refreshing that can be! We have yet had to cook dinner thanks to family and friends and that has been a life saver. We just don't have time and energy. We are so glad to have your thoughts and prayers. My thoughts were in St. Louis at a farewell for Sonya -I was so sad to have missed it and yet am so needed here. I am waiting for the cloning machine and the beaming machine so I can be in two places at once and go back and forth as well. Love you all. I know have 35 minutes before pumping time and I would nap but my bed is covered with clothes to hang up or fold. What a conundrum! I may just have to sack out on the couch and deal later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats to the Grandma & Grandpa of two precious babies.
Post a Comment