It is April 1st. Where did March go? I will answer that question by telling all about my travels and adventures. Of course, we are not very adventurous, but here goes. Clyde and I spent the first week in March on a real vacation to Orlando. Thanks to my Mom we were able to spend the entire week in a lovely timeshare - Bedroom with spa, Living room, and uh, a kitchen. I tried not to spend much time in there. It was fine for breakfast. We spent our first day settling in and on Monday, thanks to my dear friend Linda, we got a park hopper for free. We started in Epcot and then took the monorail over to the magic Kingdom. Clyde really did not have much interest doing that, but when we walked onto Main street he remarked, "It really is magic here"! There really is an energy that is palpable. We did a few rides, enjoyed people watching and I discovered I was a pretty good shot at the shooting gallery in Frontier Land. We had a sandwich supper in the bakery (it was pretty chilly) and headed over to Epcot. We stayed for the fireworks and laser show which was pretty great, but we were freezing which dulled the excitement a bit.
Tuesday was a hang around goof off day that we enjoyed. I got a massage in the afternoon and died and went to heaven. This miracle worker got all the kinks out of my neck and I felt so much more relaxed.
Wednesday we spent the entire day at Kennedy Space Center and enjoyed hearing all about the space program. The shuttle was on the launch pad and that was fun to see. We had a great fish dinner at Bone Fish which is now my favorite restaurant.
Thursday was my day. Linda came over to the property and we went to lunch and chatted by the pool. We had 5 years to catch up on. It was wonderful!
Friday and Saturday it finally warmed up and we spent time by the pool relaxing and met Tom and Linda for lunch. We had not seen Tom in 10 years and it was so much fun. They are friends from our Maryland Heights Ward.
It was very hard to fly home on Sunday. But we felt very relaxed and ready to face life again.
1 comment:
Where's the pics? JK. Love ya mom
Post a Comment