This is a RED letter day! After 3 years I was released as Relief Society President. I now feel relief! At first I was sad and anxious but in the 10 days I have had to ponder, I am now very happy to move on. It has been a wonderful 3 years (I can say that now that it is over). I have learned a lot, enjoyed what I was doing, felt more stressed than ever before in my life, laughed at all kinds of crazy situations, felt the heavy burden on my shoulders, felt deep sorrow and joy and have worked with some really wonderful women and good men. Change is always hard but I am ready. The new president has had the calling 3 other times. Poor woman! But she is enthused and ready to go. I wish her well.
I also wish that I had a totally free calendar in which to start digging into house and yard work, but I have a few additional assignments to finish this week, a funeral to go to, and a graduation to plan for. Then I will be footloose and fancy free! WAHOO!!!!
3 comments:
Congratulations on a job well done. Who is the new RS Pres? Who is graduating? and what funeral?
Hope you are great!! Love ya and miss ya!
Ditto to everything that Amy said/asked.
You really are too good for words - you know that right?
Way to Go! You're the first MH RS pres in over 9 years who didn't move out of the ward to get released :-)
Sis. Pottorf will be a good fit for that calling, and I'm excited that Jolene is serving in the presidency, too!
Now, to finish filling up that "free" time you have.
Post a Comment