I have been feeling badly that I have a very old fashioned, boring blog. I have been blog challenged.I tried a couple of times to figure it out and today I succeeded. Sort of. I am not thrilled with the result, but still, it is a lot better! Normally, I defend Thanksgiving to the death, which means NO CHRISTMAS until the day after. It is the most forgotten holiday, sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas and it is the only one our entire country celebrates at once. I nearly died when Kmart opened the door and started opening on Turkey day. Sacrilege! It is now just another shopping day. One of my favorite childhood memories was driving all over town with my Dad to find the one tiny market that was open for awhile in the morning so you could buy the forgotten cinnamon or whipping cream so that your meal would not be ruined. That was it. Everyone else was closed. And there were hardly any cars on the street, either. I never thought I would say, "in the good old days....", but there you have it!
And now I have joined the masses and put Christmas decorations on my blog. It must be the influence of my dear son-in-law who proclaims that the Christmas season begins September 1st! I feel like I should crawl under a rock, but with everything I have to do, Christmas is tomorrow and so I am none too early. That is what it feels like, time speeding by like a bullet. I also feel like summer is next week and I better hurry and make plans. Or, maybe I should just go take a nap......
6 comments:
Oh, the good old days. I miss them!!! Love your new blog background though. Good job! Miss ya!
only you could find a PINK christmas blog :)
Oh, but it's so pretty! I have no problem with Christmas in November, but hate it when people make the holidays into huge amounts of stress...
My first thought was that you were WAY too early to be decorating the blog for Christmas ....
but I know you and it would be Thanksgiving until Valentine's Day before you would change it because you have SO much going on in your life right now.
Although I still won't put it past you to have Christmas up until Valentine's day but hey, it's pink!
Hey, pink can carry me through Valentine's right into Easter!
Post a Comment