Great Video

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Check!



Hi all. That is not "check" as in bring me the check, but check as in I have finished some big projects that have been weighing on my mind and my to do list.
#1 I have completed both of the quilts for the twins and they will be in the mail tomorrow. They are not perfect, but very colorful and filled with soft fleece and lots of Grandma love and kisses.
#2 Visiting Teaching for our ward is reasonably up to date and assignments given out including personal notes from me on most of them. Even though I know they will only be up to date for around 10 minutes, I am glad the bulk of it is done. I can fly off to Las Vegas with a somewhat clear consious. Not that I will be going any time soon. Adam and Rachel are taking their own sweet time growing up and learning to feed. I don't know if I can stand it for several more weeks. I may just have to get out there to kiss and squeeze them even if they are not home. On the other hand, they could turn the corner quickly and I could be running around wondering why I had not packed this or readied that. Amy keeps reminding me that they are not supposed to be out yet and so I would not be able to see them, but there they are in all their darling glory. What Gramma could resist?
As for the other grandkids, the big ones, Annette, James, and Tate are heading to Niagara Falls for their Great Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and to go in the boat under the falls. They are impressed that the youngest person to survive going over the falls was a 9 year old in a life jacket. Please don't get any ideas! Next in line is Davis who is busy in Utah visiting Grammy Jo and climbing in and out of the doggie door! Why waste money on toys? He will also be visiting his Great Grandpas and going swimming. All of this is while his Daddy is in Honduras doing free dental work for the masses. We are thrilled that he has this great opportunity. That leaves Mommy to chase Davis and incubate baby # 2 which is blessedly a GIRL! We are so thrilled to anticipate a 3rd grandaughter. We are enjoying that last bit of summer which, though is not really all that different from any other time, seems much more relaxed and fun. Just staying light in the evening is a treat. Now, back to that to do list.......

4 comments:

Jana said...

LOVE the quilts. Where do you get all your energy! I am with you on getting those twins home - even if they shouldn't be out yet, c'mon kids, you are child prodigys and should be home by now for Gramma Jean to love on! Take care and continue to keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Cute guilts! Another of your many talents. I just read about S finally getting her stuff to ID--I'll have to give her a call.

Unknown said...

guess what came in the mail today...

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

I didn't know you were a quilter. We should have done some when I was there. Did you piece those or are they toppers that you hand quilted. They look like they turned out fabulous. Way to go on the visiting teaching. What a challenge that is. We need a phone call to really catch up.