After reading many delightful new posts by my favorite bloggers, I feel compelled to update you all. Since it is past midnight I will start by wishing my husband a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We get to celebrate by attending the youth Senior Supper at church. How sad is that? Not only are we old, we will feel old.
I spent part of my weekend at Larsen's house packing, kibitzing, butting in and laughing my guts out. The 3 boys, K, C, R and L were in good form and pulled a great prank on their brother A who then tried to pull the same one on their sister CA who really pulled the prank on A because she already knew about the prank on A. He got hit twice! I haven't laughed this hard since the garage sale prank they played on me 20 years ago!It was the best way to ease the pain of saying goodbye to 1480 Chandellay and hello Idaho.We all have many memories of that place. Several neighbors stopped by to tell the kids how much they had enjoyed the kids and how nice they are. Did they have the right house? Just kidding! Thanks to inheriting their father's genes you could not have fit a toothpick in when they finished loading up.The truck pulling the trailer is on its way, albeit via tow trucks and tire stores. S, the owner of the belongings will be on her way today to meet the truck and move into her new home. I took C and K to the airport today and don't mind telling everyone that I cried on the way home.It is the end of 28 great years. It also is one more of my best friends who have moved from St. Louis.I think I lost count at about 35. I must be a slow learner - everyone else seems to think life is better anywhere but here. Utah, Idaho, Tennessee, Wash.DC, Florida, Nevada, Oregon, California,Texas,Michigan, you name it.And here we sit. I am a world expert on saying goodbye and surviving it.
In another week or two I will say goodbye to summer in st. Louis and hello to Las Vegas and my twin grand babies. I can't wait to get my hands on them to change, bounce and burp.We are so very thankful for all the prayers and how well they are doing. NV, here I come.
Great Video
Monday, July 28, 2008
Closing one door and opening another...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my dear MJ...I had no idea that S was leaving. I bet that is hard for her AND you. I love that you spend all your time doing stuff for everyone else! I should be more like you instead of doing what I've been doing! Be sure to post lots and lots of grandbaby pics when you do go. I've enjoyed keeping up with you and them.
Love ya - just remember.... I HAVEN'T MOVED AWAY!!!!! ;)
way to figure out the slideshow :) A and R are missing you! ok, maybe I just want somebody to feed me.
Post a Comment