Great Video

Saturday, July 12, 2008

This and that

Life is settling down now that I am home. Tami asked tonight how much of my heart was in Las Vegas and I said at least 80%. I really miss those sweet babies and their parents! My week consisted of laundry and a trip to the dentist which is always enjoyable and uneventful. It only took 24 hours, however, to break a tooth. It is the same one I broke on Halloween eating a Sugar Daddy sucker, only this time it was a baby carrot. I am trying to eat healthfully and this is what I get in return! I am quite put out as this tarnishes my reputation of having great teeth (actually they don't look so great but are healthy). My suspicion is that I will need a crown which distresses me to no end. That is until Bryce said that every girl needs a crown. Yes, I do! It may not be gold, but I deserve a crown. I feel much better about the whole thing. That will last until I am getting the bill. Even sitting in the dental chair doesn't bother me. I quite enjoy it. Clyde and I were watching Discovery Health's Untold Stories of the ER tonight.A woman had worms in her head underneath her scalp, a man swallowed a push pin and was vomiting blood, another guy had cut off a finger in a snow blower (for the second time) and a 15 year old kid was hit in the head by a baseball and was an hour from death so they did surgery to remove a hematoma and discovered osteoporosis which led them to discover he was hours away from dying of kidney failure which would not be diagnosed if he had not been hit in the head with the baseball in the first place. Clyde, who rarely watches anything like this, mentioned that is was just too distressing and made him feel terrible. I, on the other hand, was perfectly delighted. What an enjoyable way to end the day! Last but not least, Clyde never would have been watching anything so gory or educational in the first place but was held captive by me putting cold cloths on his burned face. He has been using chemo therapy cream to eliminate precancerous cells and one half of his face is bright red and feels like a severe sunburn.In fact, it is a chemical burn.Most of you tuned out about the time I started to talk about worms but in case you are still there I also had a fun time buying baby clothes this week. Now I have to get serious about my church work and my garden. Last night we attended the temple and a thunder storm blew in and we lost power and continued on with low, flicking lights, no air conditioning, audio only and 2 unknown people stuck in the elevator. We were very glad that it was not us. A memorable evening to be sure. Life is great!

2 comments:

Seshat said...

I love reading your blog and I miss all of you. This is a great way to keep up. I would have been watching the show with you. Worms in the head. Yuk! Poor Clyde. Love to all.

Alissa said...

Aunt Jeannie,
Wanted to wish you a happy birthday, and let you know I love reading your blog. I feel much more connected to to what's going on!