What a delight to wake up this morning to sunshine streaming in the window. It is March 1st. Hard to believe winter is starting to edge its way out the door. We are healthy and happy here in St. Louis and greatly anticipate the family reunion coming up soon. What wonderful kids we have to be so willing to travel and come so far! Can't wait!
For the fashionistas in the family I have BIG NEWS. A little bird told me that my 1980's teal blue raincoat was embarrassing to my children. I was telling this to a friend of their age and was asked why I wasn't embarrassed by the coat! After only a moments hesitation I replied that, in fact, I was semi horrified to wear it to Uncle Drew's funeral in Utah, and used that as an excuse for a shopping trip to, where else? Burlington Coat Factory. I had one hour and tried on what I thought was every coat in the place. I found a clerk who led me to a previously undiscovered rack where I found the almost perfect coat. Black, always in good taste, trench coat, traditional and yet trendy right now, removable lining for unpredictable St. Louis weather and a nice hood. It was not on sale but you can't have everything. I have nice leather gloves and so am no longer embarrassing, if not a total fashion plate. I was tempted to post a picture of the old and the new, but in case anyone is lucky enough to have forgotten that teal, I said forget it. I have worn it now on several occasions and am confident that I do not stand out like a teal something or other. Alas, it is not quite as warm or comfy, but this is the price one must pay! So mark this in your calendars as a red letter day in fashion history.
1 comment:
So I was on my nieces blog – which linked me to her friend’s blog – which linked me to a group of her high school friend’s blog and I was just clicking around and when I saw “Amy and Ry” and for whatever reason – maybe because I love to snoop in people’s blog lives and they put them out there to do so – I click on it and it was your Amy’s blog that I read the other day!!!
http://mshayes.blogspot.com/
CRAZY!
This whole blogger world is so new and fun to me but I’m kind of shy about it but bold in my own way! And in this little Mormon world we live in its like the “7 degrees of Kevin Bacon” game but rather the “7 degrees of Marjean Livingston” instead.
Just caught me off guard so I thought I would share. The funny thing is that when I was on my niece’s friend’s blog I saw a guy and I thought he looked vaguely familiar and it turns out – it’s the guy that your Amy and Ry went to Disneyland with.
Post a Comment