Great Video

Saturday, February 7, 2009

One fine fellow!

My favorite son-in-law Ryan, (his official title), posted on Amy's blog, which he does not do very often. He decided to compliment people in his life, which is a wonderful thing especially when done so beautifully. See for yourself by linking to Amy and Ryan on my blog. His kindness has inspired me to "pay it forward" so to speak. But I will start with Ryan. His friend Wes said, "Ryan’s not the type to ever be defined by his job. He’ll never be Ryan the Insurance Agent, Ryan the Teacher, or Ryan the Doctor. He’ll always just be Ryan." So very true. Ryan is just that. A totally unique individual who is surprising, enterprising, challenging, fun, cheerful, hard working and a million other things. Ryan has taught me how to be more spontaneous, how to have fun fighting, how to find more joy in life and that you can stack garbage to a ridiculous height and breadth before taking it out. I love the look on his face and the expression in his eyes when he discovers the truth in something he was so sure could not be so (hair wrapping around baby toes and cutting off the circulation - google it). He has held me while we both sobbed saying goodbye to our friend who had just passed away and also raised such a fuss in the hotel lobby that they gave him what he wanted (and my friends desperately needed) just to get rid of him. He has fine tuned driving fast and aggressively while talking on the phone, and the strange thing is, he does it well and I am not even nervous any more. And all that practice came to a huge pinnacle when he made it safely to the hospital before Amy delivered twins in the car. And he adores my daughter so what could be more wonderful than that? Thanks Ryan, for being a good example of expressing what is in your heart. Happy Birthday on Monday! Oh, and could you take out the trash, please?
I am not the writer Ryan is, nor have the patience to write that long of a blog, but am inspired to make a better effort to compliment the people in my life. You all make my life so much richer.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Well, isn't that just a nice little post for you son in law! I went and read his nice post as well and I must say it was very refreshing to read something so thoughtful and sincere. He hit the nail on the head precisely when he wrote about you, MJ. You are a gem!

Jess said...

What a wonderful post!

How did I ever miss the post below?

Ryan said...

Wow. That's very kind. I've heard it said that friends are people who know you and like you anyway. I'm glad you like me anyway. :)