Great Video

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tell me it isn't true....

Last week I had a good laugh about my friend blogging about tripping in church as she went down the aisle and falling flat on her face and then later on having her son throw his arms around her legs which made her skirt fall off! Her plan was to move. Just up and move and then she would not have to face anyone. This week, I know EXACTLY how she feels. On Sunday I went to my early morning church meeting, used the ladies room, walked up the stairs and stood at the chapel door. A few seconds later, a pretty blond woman I have never seen came up behind me. Close behind me. She whispered, "I am going to fix your skirt now". She pulled my skirt out from my panty hose and I am hoping my slip was not there too, but I don't think I am that lucky. I managed to squeak out, "Thank you! How bad was it?" She tried to reassure me, but I don't think it worked too well. I turned to her and she introduced herself. I had assumed she was a member of the other ward. She explained that they had just moved here today. I inquired about her address and was thrilled to tell her she is in our ward. And then I introduced myself. I gave her my name and then I told her, "I am the RS President". Great. I am sure she was totally impressed! She is now my new, best, INTIMATE friend! Now, if anyone of you happened to be in the foyer at the time, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT! This has to be a woman's worse nightmare. Or at least in the top 5.
I bet this new sister is going to always remember her first Sunday in St. Louis! Looking on the bright side (bright side, not back side),at least I have a story to tell at a party when they play a game and want you to tell your most embarrassing moment. And I can see how it would be tempting to move.....

4 comments:

Jana said...

I wish that would have happened 6 and a half years ago and that I would have been blonde because that would have endeared me to you forever. But wait, I already am so I guess I didn't need to see your hiney hine hine to love you like I do!!!

And sweet cheeks, pun intended, you will still loose the game miserably if I am at the party - remember Faust Park's Men's Room?!

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

My sister's-in-law and mother-in-law were just swapping stories last night after laughing yet again about Jessica's nightmare sunday. We found out that a lot of us have had similar bad experiences. what is it with skirts and bareing your bottom?

I accidentally picked up the hem of skirt in church once when I picked up a child and showed the entire cultural hall full of people my garments.
I thought I might die but I am still friends with some.

heath said...

That is a really great story! I'm so glad you shared (and truthfully, most people are so oblivious I bet they didn't notice).

Jess said...

I think the building just might be cursed... or we all just need to learn a lesson of comfortable modesty.

Is it horrible that this makes me feel just a teensy bit better?

PS I enjoyed talking to you the other night. Its helpful to be reminded that no one is alone in their struggles!