As I packed for Kansas City last Tuesday I added some extra things to my bag, "just in case". I wasn't really thinking baby coming, but more along the lines of staying a couple of extra days while Eric took his boards just so he would not worry about the baby coming during the test. On Wednesday afternoon I was shopping for turkey dinner and Clyde met me at the door. I thought it was to help carry in groceries, but instead he told me Jenny's water just broke. More like a flood. We were all stunned, but in due time our little Thanksgiving surprise was born. Miss Josephine Simone is a darling and so far all she does is eat and sleep and sit quietly looking around. Yes, she yells when I change her clothes and at feeding time, but that is just because we had to wake her up to remind her to eat. Davis is my little buddy and is having a little bit of a rough time. There are tears in between smiles and kisses. He mostly ignores his sister but occasionally glances her way to make sure she is still here. I am so into full time baby mode. Diaper changes, bottle washing and laundry bring back fond memories of my summer with Amy and the twins. 2008 has been a red letter year for us. We are so very thankful for all these blessings.
I don't want to forget about one more new baby in our family. Little Grace came to Kevin's family a few weeks ago. But in this case, she is a PUPPY! They are all thrilled and also working hard to fit her into a busy family We are anxious to make her acquaintance but are not sure when that will be. I hope you all had as much fun at Thanksgiving as we have.
3 comments:
Congratulations! Baby Josephine sounds like a keeper! They are so lucky to have such a super dooper grandma! Keep up the good work!
Great News! Ditto to A's comment about the super Gma. You really are a wonderful gift to your family! I guess that's easy when they keep giving you "grandgifts".
Congrats on another grandbaby!
Happy Holidays.
Post a Comment