Great Video

Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry CHRISTmas~

It is very late and I am more tired today than I have been in a long time. I did grocery shopping all day, and lines were long and I found myself getting impatient at the end. I did not like that feeling as I try very hard to be patient and pleasant and especially at Christmas time. All of that prompted me to remember how unimportant all of the preparations really are compared to the real meaning of the day. It is good to reflect on that and express my feelings to you. 2 weeks ago at church choir practice we were working on Silent Night. I have sung it zillions of times throughout my life and always enjoy it. We were on the 3rd verse. Silent Night. Holy Night. Son of God. I was struck with a physical sensation as I sang the words, Son of God, that was like a shock going through my entire body. I was startled, amazed, and felt very grateful. Now, I know He is the Son of God. I have always known. But for some unknown reason I was given this manifestation. I was given a gift; one that I treasure and hold dear to my heart. First of all, is the gift of the Savior himself; His birth, death and loving atonement on my behalf. And then, on an ordinary Sunday, a gift of testimony and witness of the Holy Ghost that he is indeed the Christ, the Son of God. This is the best gift I have ever received. I am very grateful for it and as we open the material gifts wrapped in shiny paper I will be reminded of that infinitely more valuable gift. I will remember that HE is a gift to everyone. That is why I went about today saying, "Merry Christmas" to everyone I came in contact with. Christ was born and came as a gift to the entire world. It does not matter if people believe in him or not. And so I say to all of you, Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

The Clayburn Family said...

MJ - I felt the same way as I sang Joy to the World yesterday at church! What a wonderful gift we've ALL been given. Enjoy the season.