She said I need to repent. For not blogging in such a long time. My friend who is pretty, smart, sassy, spiritual, organized beyond belief, a great mother, funny, slightly irreverent in a good way, a fabulous writer and loads of fun. She is not afraid to yell fire while someone is sitting on a toilet in a small town in Iowa. She is moving. The great ones move. Some stay. But so many go. I stay. I don't know why. I must be a stayer. They move far away, even to Heaven sometimes. My friends. These are the movers, in no particular order. Sharon, Al, Bob, Gloria, Debbie, Scott, Linda, Tom, Debbie, John, Heidi, Barbie, Susan, Katie, Stephanie, Jodell, Chuck, Lori, Shirin, Nelson, Judy, Ernie, Amy, Lois, Nancy, Camille, Sam, Aimee, Trish, Heather, Sonya, Jessica, Caroline, Jan, Brenda, Paula, Dan, Charity, Katie, Cindy, Gene, Karen, Shannon, Paige, Lauren, Nancy, Julie, Verlee, Boyd, Pete, Nancy, Bob, Svea, and so many, many more. And many whose names escape me at the moment cause some of my brain cells went with them, but my heart knows. 30 years of coming and going. And so many are my best-est friends. Every time someone goes there is a hole in my heart. New ones come, but they don't fill in the holes. They can't. They will make new holes when they go. And if I know anything, they will go. Sometime. Sooner or later, Some will stay, but many will go.The holes are covered up most of the time. But then someone goes again. And then I feel the holes. Today there is a hole in my heart. Someone is moving. My clever, wonderful friend, Jana. I know she will be happy. I am glad for her. But I will miss her. And right now that hole in my heart is a pretty big one.But I won't be sad for long. After all, I have been so blessed to have so many friends through the years. But today, I am sad. You see, my friend is moving.
And another thing! Maybe I haven't blogged because the background didn't work right and I can't fix it and I wrote this whole thing and then it disappeared and I had to write it all over again!!
2 comments:
And here I sit, bawling all over again! You and I are a pair, it is true! I love you so much and thank heaven for you. There is nothing better than a good friend and you have been that for me from day #1! Thank you for your kind words but mostly for you enduring friendship! {I predict you will come to see me at least once!} xoxoxo
Amen! But why do you have to leavvvveeee....whine, whine, whine.
Ok, I got that out. I wish you God speed.
Post a Comment