Great Video

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Something borrowed, something blue....


I spent 5 days in San Diego coordinating my nephew's wedding. My sis Susie bought all the stuff and then I created a wedding out of it. It was loads of fun going to the flower mart and searching through hundreds of gorgeous flowers. The colors were chocolate and blue and so we ended up with blue hydrangeas and large white roses. It took me one entire day to make 1 brides bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 5 corsages, and 6 boutonnieres. The next day I made 10 centerpieces and an additional 2 large floral arrangement. I also decorated a large archway and the cake table. The wedding day was wonderful and I helped the photographer group people for the photos. Susie has an awesome group of friends that helped a lot. One tied a dozen large bows, one took us to the flower mart, two skirted all the banquet tables and did lots of other decorating jobs, one made the wedding cake and she and I decorated it with flowers and then she also helped in the kitchen. She also had 3 friends who did all the food serving and punch making. Her own kids and hubby did lots of set up and cleaning. Our Mom did all the ironing and had one great idea at a crucial point, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was! It was a real group effort and everything was lovely. Perfect southern Cal weather for an outdoor late afternoon reception. The last dance of the evening was "Time to say goodbye" and as I watched all the couples dance I burst into tears. I missed my husband. It has been awhile. So I took a folding chair and sat on the sidewalk all by myself and called him on my cell phone. There was a full moon and it was the perfect ending to a fantastic day.We were really tired - it will take me weeks to recover as I am now back on twinner duty. The little bugs are both asleep along with their parents. The sealing in the temple was really wonderful. It was a very special experience with some deeply spiritual moments. It was the highlight of the entire trip. One other great moment was the luncheon after the ceremony. It was at a restaurant right on the beach and the weather was perfect. You could smell the salt air and it brought back all kinds of memories of growing up in California and going to the beach. I loved it. You know me - I am a sucker for a wedding and romance. It was a great week.





4 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Oh, to be at the beach! You are so great with weddings. Does Clyde get to come join you on twinner duty? Sometimes it's nice to be away just so you can come home and appreciate what you've got.

Unknown said...

Another one of your many talents! It turned out beautiful

Jana said...

Okay - I am officially signing you up to do the flowers at Rachel's wedding. (But of course that will be many many years down the road!) You get the job since you didn't help with the Rita house carpet!!!!

xoxoxo

Woodland Family said...

I am so impressed! Look how beautiful everything turned out. So now I know which of my fantastic friends to turn to when I need fabulous flowers!