Great Video

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Night into Day

If I had posted this on Monday night I would have titled it Nightmare in Las Vegas. Rachel came home Monday afternoon which is our wonderful news. She is a doll and we had been told she would come home for several days. By Monday night when it took her well over an hour to eat one little bottle, and then was up all night, we were all thinking that it was a real nightmare taking care of 2 babies. It is 4 times the work and we are happy to discover, 10 times the love and fun. By today we have worked out a flexible schedule and each take shifts so we each get to sleep for between 5 and 7 hours at a stretch. Who ever is asleep sleeps anywhere the babies are not, as they growl and fuss even when asleep. Tonight we are even playing trivial pursuit with friends while holding and feeding babies. I was able to get both fed on my own without anyone screaming or asking for help. Amy and Ryan have both pulled it off as well. Tonight Ryan had to run an errand and I had Rachel on my shoulder burping and so Ry handed me a pillow and Adam and his bottle and I managed to get him fed, and then switch him to my shoulder to burp and switch Rachel to my lap , without dropping anyone. I was quite impressed with myself. This won't work for long as they will get too big to pull it off. It is wonderful getting to know these little grand babies so well. Keeping up with bottle washing, milk thawing and bottle filling keep me pretty busy in between folding cute baby laundry. Burp cloths are the high demand item. Both are pretty good at spitting up. Our delicate little Rachel burps like a truck driver-no exaggeration. She was famous in the NICU with all the nurses. You can hear her across the room which is actually nice as there is no question if it was a true burp. Adam is getting fat and sassy and Rachel struggles to eat but is getting better with our TLC.
On a sadder note, the Pully baby Brooklyn passed away today. We are so very sad.
I miss all of you and hope you are doing well.

1 comment:

Jana said...

MJ - always loving your updates! I am so happy for every one of you! Mostly proud of you all that you can sleep with so much baby going on around there. But how is the MHW gettting along without you, though!?! Seriously, they should release you so that you can move out to LV to be the Granny Nanny permanently.

The word verification letters say "giftvyj" - how fitting that the word "gift" is there. That's exactly what I was thinking about the babies and the granny being there to help! Loves!