Great Video

Saturday, April 12, 2008

O Brother!

O Brother!! Where art thou? Clyde and I are trying to catch up on old movies. We had fun Monday night with the quirky and fun "O Brother, where art thou". I enjoyed George Clooney in a much different roll than I am used to seeing him in. Neither of us are up on Homer and so missed some of the references. The toad part was hilarious and we thought the Klan scene was reminiscent of The Wizard of Oz. I was surprised at how much we enjoyed blue grass music. And, does counting to 3 really work?
Friday night was Walk the Line. I have wanted to see this for a long time as I really like Reese Witherspoon. The acting and singing was wonderful. We found that we don't have a stomach for so much bad news and wished for more happy times after they got through all the yucky stuff. I am glad I saw it, might enjoy the sound track, but probably won't watch it again. Much too painful. Parents, be care full what you say to your kids! The will remember it for life. Next on our list is Dan in real life.
The green ink is in honor of our bright green grass which will need mowing very soon, if we can squeeze it in between rain storms. The pond in our yard was so big on Friday that we had a pair of Mallard ducks taking a swim. It would be tempting, albeit it pricey, to permanently install a pond since we get one anyway. Happy Spring to all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

totally agree with you about Walk the Line. won't sit through it again probably. but I do love reese...and can I ask what was behind the logic for choosing those particular dates for my babies? my particular guess is Aug. 15, but I will play along anyway :)

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

The dates were totally random - whatever popped into my head. Our anniversary would be nice! We will see who is closest!