Great Video

Monday, October 15, 2007

Scrabble contest....


We just spent a lovely weekend with Eric and Jenny, and I admit, I won Scrabble both times we played. Pride goeth before a fall, however. Clyde and I played tonight and I was having a solid game and in the lead when I scored a bingo (played all 7 tiles) for an extra 50 points. I had it made! Not. Clyde began catching up with the help of the Z and X. I was getting nervous. He then played all 7 of his tiles and went out at the same time, leaving me with 7 tiles and 12 points which is horrible! Yikes, I have been humbled. But never say die, I am gearing up for the next match soon.
If you look at the left of the board you will see unlacing for my bingo word, and to the right going down is Clyde's solvates. Yes, it is a real word, darn that chemist. My score was 280 and his was 370. That may be our highest - we will have to go back and check.By the way, I HATED scrabble as a kid and for years after. I am glad to say that I really enjoy it and it keeps my brain cells going.

3 comments:

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I have to add that my Bingo was made without a blank. Nah,nah, to Clyde!!

Livingstons said...

Whatever you need to feel good about your defeat, mom.

That is one pretty board, smarties.

Unknown said...

whoa Mama, have you looked above you? sounds like you have an anvil waiting to drop on your head! :) j/k
wish i enjoyed the game as much as the rest of the fam